Monday, October 19, 2009

My Kingdom for a Muslin!

Sigh, Vogue 1129 is pretty much done and it was not worn at the creative show :(. It just didn't fit right and the cowl was too fussy to work in. So many of you make your muslins before the garment and somehow I thought I could skip because the measurements on the pattern matched mine and it is a loosely fitting garment. I didn't think I would have to make a full bust adjustment because my bust measurement was stated on the pattern. The sleeve cap was too high and I would have been able to fix that if I had done a muslin. It looked like I was wearing someone else's jacket, I think the model was well over 6 feet tall. I shortened the jacket by four inches which is just past my finger tips and the length looks appropriate on me.
The Creative show was amazing! It is so inspiring to rub elbows with creative people, I came home with a renewed sense of inspiration. Quilters, sewers, beaders, and crafters are so generous with their creativity and ideas. If you ever get the chance to come to the Creative show you'll find out for yourself!
I will post pics and do a review of the jacket soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Edith, I'm impressed with your blog! I must try it some time. I was at your 'make and take' at the CreativFestival (isn't it amazing?). I loved the embroidered box that you designed for the Babylock embroidery machines. Do you think you could post the design on a future blog? Sorry I missed looking at the sashiko machine - looks like a lot of fun. Thanks!! Pam (aka StitchinAlongPam ... because most of my sewing is done on the road travelling in our RV)

    ReplyDelete