Last week I've worked on the Sashiko Machine. There were questions as to what the stitching looked like on the back. Here is the back of a pillow panel. You can see that the stitching looks like a long running stitch.
My DH helped do some cleaning in the sewing room and afterwards I traced and cut out the black pants and topper for the Pattern Review contest. The pants are from BWOF 2/2009 132, the topper is Vogue 1129. I've used a weighty polyester crepe, I'd loved to have used wool but I'm alergic :(. Rather than lining the pants I've underlined with a lovely bemberg lining I acquired at Designer Fabrics on Queen St in Toronto. So far I have attached the lining at the inseam and side seams and can treat the piece as one. The waist facings are interfaced with fusible weft insertion, it's so much nicer than non-woven fusibles. I used the Weft insertion to give more body to the pocket lining for the topper as well. I'm looking forward to getting the topper done, it is quite long and has lots of lines for fit. That shawl piece took a lot of fabric, it is cut on the bias, the rest of the jacket is cut around it.
Today I finished some of the Sashiko projects, a pillow, a bag, and a Tea Cozy. My daughter is helping make costumes for a Sweeny Todd production in a local theatre and needed assistance with the pants for "Beetle" and we got those under control.
It will be Thursday before I have time to sew again, it's hard to stop when I'm on a roll!