Friday, May 14, 2010

I've Been Sewing Too!

Pattern Description:


Top with gathered bust section.

Pattern Sizing:

34-44 (I graded it up to a 46 and did a FBA)

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Yes, it does look like the pic.

Were the instructions easy to follow?

I looked at the instructions and made a couple of changes because of using the serger and coverstitch so that everything flowed more logically.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

This was an easy top to make and I like the flattering neckline, however it was a little too revealing for me. I obviously didn't read the whole discription, "A cowgirl can also show off her figure in such a bright ring-striped top with gathered bust section to attract a suitable cowboy!" As I previously mentioned I did a full bust alteration so I don't want to show off! I think with a little more alteration I can bring in the neckline so that my brastraps won't show.



Fabric Used:

A lovely light-as-air knit from "Sew Have Fun". Should have used a narrow coverstitch as the hem puckered just a little.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

Graded up to a 46 and did a full bust alteration to the bust portion. You can see how I do a FBA http://sewhavefun.blogspot.com/2010/01/does-it-take-2-weeks-to-make-5.html

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

I think once I make the changes I will sew it again.

Conclusion:

This will make a great little summer top for when the hot weather really arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment