Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Another Burda World of Fashion..Yes they are worth it!!


Pattern Description:
Classic Jacket with Princess Seams
Pattern Sizing:
Plus size 46
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes, aside from the contrast at the collar.
Were the instructions easy to follow?
Okay instructions, changed a couple things.
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
As the discription says this is a classic jacket but not overdresessed. It will look nice with Jeans, slacks or a skirt.
Fabric Used:
This is a quilted fabric with a lining fabric on the inside. It's all man-made-plenty of static!
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
When I laid the back piece on the fold I swung the pattern piece out just a little to add an extra inch to the hips. No interfacing was used because there is enough body in the fabric. I changed the sewing of the collar and band a little; I sewed the collar to the band and sewed the band to the neckline, folding the facing over the leading edge of the band. This way the neck edge that shows if the Jacket is not buttoned all the way is nicely finished. The directions called for the band to be sewn along one side and then folded in and hand stitched on the inside neck edge. This just seemed to be more trouble than it was worth with this quilted fabric. I didn't include the pockets in the princess seams, I was afraid they would gape or pull across my tummy. I also didn't do the topstitching along the seam lines or contrast at the collar, I felt the fabric had enough detail.
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I think I will sew this again, there's a nice piece of chenille in a colour wash of brown and teal in the stash. I think I'll add a little length to the sleeve. We'll see if I get it done this winter.
Conclusion:
I'm so glad I've gotten a few BWOF garments sewn, the fit is superior to the big 4 patterns, I don't have to make many changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment